Sunday, August 18, 2013

Mango Magnifico

Brewed by Founder's Brewing Company the Mango Magnifico is definitely something different. As described by Beer Advocate:
Mango Magnifico pours a yellowish amber into the glass with a moderate sized, creamy head. As the foam fades away a few spots and lines of lace clings to the glass.
The armoa is sweet and fruity. Notes of mango, peach and a little citrus.
Each sip of this medium bodied beer is smooth with mild carbonation. The flavor begins fruity with lots of mango and some orange citrus. There's some bready malt in the middle and it finishes with a peppery spice. The spice and mango lingers on the palate when gone. 
A tasty beer and interesting combination of flavors. It would go great with Mexican food.
I would describe the initial taste like Rubaeus except Mango flavor. Initial taste is very intense and very fruity. This is followed by a slow burn after taste provided by the habanero. If you can't handle spice say hello to instant heart burn.  I loved it, and if I lived near Founders, would probably drink it every time I went in there. Since I don't, I won't. It is on the expensive side at $12.99 per 750mL bottle. It does bolster an 11% by volume so it packs some punch. The brew is limited release, but easily attainable at any beer store that carries Founders products. Overall I rate the beer at 3 cans.

Taste: 4 cans
Affordability: 1 can
Drinkability 4 cans
Availability 1 can
Overall: 3 cans

FWIW, a day after buying the local Founders' rep was part of a St Founders' Day Celebration at a local beer vendor. It is pretty awesome to see Founders' getting serious run here in Durham. It remains my favorite brewery of all time, mixing in different beers for different tastes better than any brewery I have known.

1 comment:

  1. I like the picture at the bottom of the page. You should add a followers widget on the side to help your page hits and views.

    ReplyDelete