Sunday, October 2, 2016

It's Back...Jade IPA

After over a year hiatus, the beer blog is back. My goal is to update on Sunday nights going forward reviewing one or two beers each week. I will continue to use the same, simple, 5 can scoring criteria in three categories: Taste, Accessibility, and Drinkability. (Taste and Drinkability carry more weight) Taste is simply what it says, how a beer tastes. Accessibility, can I buy it at a grocery store or do I have to go to a specialty shop.  Drinkability is how many I can drink before thinks go sideways. If you have suggestions to the rating scale I am open to changes. Anyhow the first selection for tonight: Jade IPA -Foothills Brewing.
The Particulars:
Beer Type: India Pale Ale
Alcohol by volume (ABV): 7.1%
Color (SRM):
Bitterness (IBUs): 86

As described by Foothills:

Jade. Exotic jewel of the orient. Now a gem of an IPA. Bold, citrusy Pacific Jade hops lend striking tropical fruit notes and a hint of peppery finish to this easy-drinking IPA. Dry hop additions of Chinook and Citra add heady aroma and bold flavor. A special beer to charm the hop lover in you. Go ahead. Get Jaded.

As described by Me:

Unlike a typical IPA Jade I don't find Jade to be super hoppy or leave an extremely bitter after taste. This has become my go to IPA when all else fails. If you are Bells' Two Hearted fan you will love this beer. If out to dinner I can probably only endure 1 or 2 pints, if I am are driving. If I am not getting behind the wheel I can usually put 4-6 (depending on food intake) of these back before I have to switch to something slightly less potent. It is easily accessible here in NC, I have also seen it elsewhere in neighboring states. I would assume that Foothills has expanded their distribution in the Eastern/Midwest part of the US so you should have no trouble finding it in stores. I highly recommend this beer if you are an IPA person, even if you aren't give it a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Ratings:
Taste: 4 cans
Availability: 4 cans
Drinkability: 4 cans
Overall Score:  4 cans

No comments:

Post a Comment